There is only two days out of the year that I want my family to make me the center of attention. My birthday (which always falls during recruiting. Or, my birthday this year, was finding out we weren't being retained after our head coach was let go.......happy birthday😧🎈.) The other day, I want it all about me, is Mother's day💐💗.
I brought four babes into this world, all boys, and I don't think it's too much to ask for a good solid day of attention. I am not selfish. I can count 10 times in the last 10 days have been bitten (the smallest babe is getting his top teeth 😩🍈🍈🐄), to moving out of state for the 9th time in 14 years, registering two kiddos for the last few weeks of their new school, baseball practices, a track meet, and the unpacking........all while my husband is on the road recruiting (ahhh...the life of a coach's wife💙🏈💛🐰). With everything that is going on above.......getting settled is a SLOW process🕚🕟🕤. Hoping this post gets read by the right people......hint hint 🙏🏼👶🏼👦🏼👦🏻👦🏼💑 . These are my ideas for a great Mother's Day:
1. GO OUT TO EAT!!! I would like one meal I don't have to cook or clean after. Brunches are my favorite.....who can say no to a mimosa or Bloody Mary. I have never met a mama that would not love to a meal out 🍽🍾.
2. Flowers are always fun to get. Even if it's for your potted plants outside💐.
3. A special gift that I have probably hinted about more than a few times, but LOVE that they remembered❤️. A maxi dress I had my eye on, jewelry, fragrance, etcetera.
4 Cards and special handmade gifts.....I save and love them all.....especially the ones that tell me how great I am 😂LOL.
5. To be pampered......all mamas need this.....and right now a mani and pedi sounds pretty good after opening boxes and working my hands overtime unpacking all week 💅🏼🚛📦🏃🏼.
6. Most importantly......a whole day with my family. No laundry or unpacking just time👶🏼👦🏼👦🏻👦🏼. There are only so many mother's days while they're small. This will be my first Mother's Day with our newest babe, Maverick, and it should be special.
7. Also one day off from a dirty diaper might be nice........I have been changing them on my own since February.😖💩👶🏼.
9. Lastly, ending the night with all kids in bed on time (and actually having help doing it.) Then share a bottle of wine curled up watching one of my favorite shows........if it's actually set up by then 😳🍷📺📦🚛
So even though my birthday is rarely celebrated on the actual day, and I've gotten some bad news (more than once).....I always look forward to the two days a year I deserve to have it all about me 👑💃🏼🎉. I mean really, I spend the whole year making everyone in my home feel special, 2/365 days of the year is not too much to ask right🗓?!?!
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mamas out there. Hope you all are spoiled with the attention you deserve......and don't feel guilty about it💃🏼👑💐.