What can I say....I’m just a girl surrounded by boys, who loves to get her hands on some great beauty products. Being outnumbered by 4 sons and a husband will seriously make you appreciate a little glam in your life. That being said, having a big fam has also taught me how to budget. Gone are the days where I can justify shelling out large sums of money at a the Mac counter. I love hunting for high quality beauty products that are at affordable prices.
A couple years ago I came across eyes, lips, and face.....or e.l.f. My love affair with e.l.f. started with their black Expert Liquid Liner, and my collection of their products has grown religiously over time.
I encourage you to put your own e.l.f. on your shelf this holiday season and add their products to your makeup collection. These are my top 10 absolute fave e.l.f. products right now:
1. Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette. I am a HUGE fan of a smoky eye and use everyone of these colors.
2. Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette. A great one for a more natural eye. Love this one in the spring and summer with a great bronzer for a beachy glow.
3. Expert Liquid Eyeliner. My first and absolute favorite elf product. Only a couple bucks and it seriously works. Always in my vanity.
4. Beautifully Bare Satin Lipstick. Love the formula and how it feels on your lips. There are many great colors to choose from. My favorite color is “Touch of Nude.” I like to wear a dark smoky eye regularly, and this color balances out a more dramatic eye.
5. Lip Lacquer in Natural. Love this on top of nude lipsticks. Rich red is also fabulous during the holidays. The lacquer gives your pucker that extra gloss/shine we all want and love.
6. Lip Exfoliator. My second favorite e.l.f. product by a very close margin. It basically preps your lips by exfoliating dry chapped skin. With vitamin E, shea butter, avocado, and other great hydrating ingredients, your lipstick will go on and look fabulous with this product.
7. Natural Lip Liner and Blending Brush. I use this color with all my nude lipsticks, and some of my other lip colors. It has a great little brush on the end which blends into your own lip color so you don’t see a harsh line like with other lip liners. It helps prolong your lip color and makes your lips look fuller.
8. 11 Piece Brush Collection. A great set of reasonably priced brushes that I use regularly. 2 of the brushes are great for creating a smoky eye. There is also a Fan brush which I absolutely love to apply a bronzer for a light beachy glow.
9. Baked Highlighter. I love to use the Moonlight Pearls highlighter on my brow bone to give an instant eye lift. It is a fantastic all-around facial highlighter.
10. Mineral Infused Mascara. LOVE this mascara. It is a fabulous dupe (cheaper copy of a high end item) to the the Better Than Sex Mascara by Two Faced Cosmetics. The Two Faced mascara is $23 while e.l.f.’s is only $3.
It won’t be hard to find this “e.l.f.” You’ll find it on the shelf at most stores, such as Walmart or Target. Or if your children are as good of shopping buddies as mine are, sign up for their emails and get a free shipping code for products sent right to your door. Happy Holidays to you all! Here’s to looking fabulous in the new year!