So we are starting potty training. Anyone who doesn’t have a toddler right now is probably thinking.....”that’s great!!!”.....but, I’d be lying if I told you I was thrilled at this news. Let’s be real....Moms currently living in their bathroom potty training probably have some of these thoughts......
1. Do I have to? Am I the only lazy Mama that has literally dreaded this day? The pure mess of it all makes me think diapers are so much easier.
2. I just want to leave the house!!!! No seriously.....If you want to know what potty training is like.....I have gone to the potty with my son ten times so far today......it’s not lunch time yet. Good luck leaving leaving the house.
3. Is that water😳?!?!? When you start questioning if you are stepping in pee or water you know you’re smack dab in the middle of potty training.💦😳🚽
4. Is Bribing my child wrong? Things like potty candy, stickers, and potty charts become an everyday negotiation to get them on the potty. It can be pure desperation.🍭🍦🙏🏼
5. Why now!!!! My husband, who spends most of his time away from the home as a college football coach, is very excited about potty training right now (of course). I on the other hand am questioning....”Cant this wait till after the football season?”📆🚽🏈
6. I should seriously consider putting a chair in the bathroom🤔. The last two days, I have spent more time in our bathroom, than I have in any other room in the house.
7. Do you have to go potty? Trust me...those 6 words will make up at least 85% of your thoughts and words between 7 am to 8 pm.
8. Again?!?!? You realize your toddler has outsmarted you by starting to control his pee so he can get more potty candy and stickers.
9. Laundry...laundry.....and more laundry. The second most popular room in your house during potty training....the laundry room. Invest in plenty of underwear for them, and you may want to consider “less is better” when it comes to clothing....when there is an accident, everything gets wet.
10. “Booty call.” It’s giving the phrase a whole new meaning! It’s a daily announcement from your toddler letting you know it’s time to wipe his bottom👦🏼🚽🤦🏼♀️.
Good luck potty training to all my toddler mamas.....after the day is through....pour yourself a glass of wine!!! You’ll need it🚽🙋🏼♀️🍷😂
Post a Comment