Let’s be honest hot summer days can mean disaster: melting makeup and shiny skin is not a great look on anyone. Whether heading to the pool, or a barbecue, don’t leave the house without stashing these fabulous 10 products in your makeup bag or drawer this summer.
1. Elf Bronzer. LOVE this bronzer to throw in my purse for a glowing bronzed complexion. The 4-in-1 pallet makes it easy to blend while also providing a buildable coverage with that natural sun kissed look. Available in two colors WARM, or my favorite GOLDEN. ONLY $4 at Target or Walmart.
2. Bronze Goddess by Estée Lauder. My absolute favorite summertime scent! I have been wearing this every summer for over 15 years. The scent of tiare flower is combined with creamy coconut and the radiant warmth of amber, sandalwood, and vanilla. It is a perfect beach scent. Find this fabulous scent at most department stores from $65-$80.
3. Elf tinted moisturizer. I am not going to sit at an 85 degree baseball game with a face full of makeup on. This moisturizer has a tint that gives your skin UVA/UVB SPF 20 protection. This foundation alternative is packed with vitamins, aloe, and cucumber.....giving your skin an all around silky radiant look. ONLY $3 at Target or Walmart.
4. Elf Illuminating Face Primer. When I’m getting ready for a night out, I love using this product before my foundation. It gives your skin a radiant glow with a soft, golden luminescence. This primer creates a flawless finish for a long-lasting makeup application. ONLY $6 at Target or Walmart.
5. Johnson’s Cream Baby Oil. This creamy baby oil is not advertised as a mosquito repellent by its makers, but it’s a safe/effective alternative to keeping the mosquitoes away....without that terrible repellent smell. An added bonus is that this baby oil is made with Aloe & Vitamin E, giving it a nice, creamy texture that moisturizes for 24 hours....and that pleasant smell. ONLY $5 at Walmart.
6. Tree Hut Sugar Srcub. I swear by this product for keeping my skin soft throughout the year. During the summer months I use it a couple times a week so my self tanner goes on smoother and my feet look, and feel, sandal ready. This scrub provides intense exfoliation and moisturization, leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth while providing powerful hydration. You can find it anywhere from Amazon to Walmart for $6-7.
7. Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Firming Moisturizer. I love having color in the summer, but we all know how unsafe it is for your skin to bake in the sun or a tanning bed. This lotion gradually tans and firms your skin. It gives you a tan in just one week, and firmer looking skin in about two weeks. This product also contains mica to give skin a subtle shimmer. Only $9 at Walmart or Target.
8. L'Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Summer Express Body Makeup. When you just don’t have time for self tanner, or just don’t want to deal with the smell, this instant bronzer lotion is the solution. It is a transfer-resistant formula offering all day hydration, making skin look and feel flawless. You can find this at Target, Walmart, or Amazon for around $9.
9. Maybelline New York Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm. The entire Baby Lips line is insanely hydrating, and I am loving the colors “Pink Punch”, “Peach Kiss”, or “My Pink.” You can find these at Walgreens or Walmart for around $4
10. Freeman Facial Masks. Summer can be stressful for our skin. I am loving Freeman’s Cucumber+Pink Salt Rejuvenate Clay Mask, and their Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask. The Cucumber+Pink Salt mask exfoliates, detoxes, & clears pores for renewed skin. The Dead Sea Minerals mask helps replenish and balance moisture while purging clogged pores. It contains lavender and bergamot to help relax your skin. Both masks are for all skin tones and free of harsh chemicals. You can find them for under $6 on Amazon or retailers like Walmart or ULTA Beauty.
With all the fun that comes with summertime, we all know that warmer weather brings a new set of beauty concerns.....newly exposed skin begging for some color....or a problem area or two aching for exfoliating and toning after being covered up for months. So hopefully some of my favorite summer products help you enjoy a little more what’s left of the season.